GROUP WORKER II- Adult Recovery Services - Full-Time
Location: Utica, NY
Description: Full-time position with an excellent benefits package. This position works in our Adult Recovery Services (ARS) program which serves adults diagnosed with mental illness. The basic work schedule is Monday thru Friday; 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to promoting psychiatric rehabilitation for adults diagnosed with mental illness through:
• Assist, plan and coordinate structured/planned activities, special events and effective educational programming for program consumers.
• Facilitate/co-facilitate groups for consumers designed to further skills in social and vocational areas.
• Interact and provide information to program consumers on how to access resources in the community.
• Assist the work team members, program consumers and the Program Director with program service design and development
• Process intakes, referral and assessments with the Adult Recovery Services team as needed.
• Provide direct services and/or referrals to consumers who have vocational needs consistent with the requirements of the Assisted Competitive Employment (ACE) program.
• Strong ability to give positive support to consumers.
• Flexibility required to work at both our Utica, NY and Rome, NY Adult Recovery Service program sites as needed. Drivers license and transportation needed.
High School Diploma/GED and 1 year of experience working with the target population and 1 year of experience with the mental health and/or substance abuse service delivery system
Associates Degree in Human Services or closely related field and at least six (6) months of experience working with the target population and at least six (6) months of general knowledge and experience with the mental health and/or substance abuse services system. EOE
"Full-time positions" and "Part-time positions with benefits" have an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holiday Time (including floating holidays)
- Paid Bereavement Time
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with generous employer contribution)
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employment with The Neighborhood Center, Inc. offers a dynamic and challenging career opportunity for individuals with a desire to be a part of a committed human services team. EOE
Please see our current job opportunities also listed on US.jobs and Indeed.com. US.jobs is the National Labor Exchange website.
Please note that data typed into this application form cannot be saved. Please print your completed form and send it to us by fax, postal mail or scan it and e-mail it.
Please send resumes and applications to:
Kim Booth, Human Resources Director
PHONE: (315) 272-2600
FAX: (315) 272-2628
The Neighborhood Center, Inc.
624 Elizabeth Street
Utica, New York 13501