MCAT PEER ADVOCATE - Full-Time
Location: Utica, NY
Description: 4 Full-time positions with excellent benefits are available as Peer Advocate with our Mobile Crisis Assessment Team (MCAT). Shifts available are: 9:00am-5:00pm; 10:00am-6:00pm and 12 Noon-8:00pm.
This position will have responsibilities which include but are not limited to:
• Provide a variety of peer support services with the focus on clients' mental health recovery and encouraging participation in treatment and positive decision-making.
• Co-lead groups and activities which encourage individual development and empowerment.
• Conduct home visits and follow up as assigned.
• Must have valid Driver's License and transportation to conduct home visits
• Must possess personal experience with the mental health delivery services system.
• Flexibility is necessary to meet program and service needs.
• Personal experience with the mental health services delivery system REQUIRED
Qualifications: QUALIFICATIONS : High School Diploma/General Equivalency Diploma and at least 1 year of experience working with individuals diagnosed with mental illness required AND must obtain New York State Office of Mental Health Peer Specialist Certification within a specified timeframe. EOE
"Full-time positions" and "Part-time positions with benefits" have an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holiday Time (including floating holidays)
- Paid Bereavement Time
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with generous employer contribution)
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employment with The Neighborhood Center, Inc. offers a dynamic and challenging career opportunity for individuals with a desire to be a part of a committed human services team. EOE
Please see our current job opportunities also listed on US.jobs and Indeed.com. US.jobs is the National Labor Exchange website.
Please note that data typed into this application form cannot be saved. Please print your completed form and send it to us by fax, postal mail or scan it and e-mail it.
Please send resumes and applications to:
Kim Booth, Human Resources Director
PHONE: (315) 272-2600
FAX: (315) 272-2628
The Neighborhood Center, Inc.
624 Elizabeth Street
Utica, New York 13501