COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER - Full-Time
Location: Utica, NY
Description: Full-time position with excellent benefits.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Work with individuals and families to access needed preventive and primary health care services with an emphasis on pregnant women not enrolled in health care or supportive services.
• Keep accurate client records.
• Perform home visits, advocacy and follow up with regard to needed health services.
• Ability to work flexible hours including evening and weekend hours.
• Knowledge of community human service resources in Oneida County necessary.
• Valid NYS Driver’s License and transportation required.
• Community resident of Oneida County preferred.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
Associate’s Degree in Human Services or closely related field with related experience preferred OR a High School Diploma/General Equivalency with related experience required . EOE
"Full-time positions" and "Part-time positions with benefits" have an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holiday Time (including floating holidays)
- Paid Bereavement Time
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with generous employer contribution)
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employment with The Neighborhood Center, Inc. offers a dynamic and challenging career opportunity for individuals with a desire to be a part of a committed human services team. EOE
Please see our current job opportunities also listed on US.jobs and Indeed.com. US.jobs is the National Labor Exchange website.
Please note that data typed into this application form cannot be saved. Please print your completed form and send it to us by fax, postal mail or scan it and e-mail it.
Please send resumes and applications to:
Kim Booth, Human Resources Director
PHONE: (315) 272-2600
FAX: (315) 272-2628
The Neighborhood Center, Inc.
624 Elizabeth Street
Utica, New York 13501