PEER ADVOCATE- Full and Part-time positions - Full-Time
Location: Utica, NY
Description: PEER ADVOCATE: The Mobile Crisis Assessment Team (MCAT) has part-time and full-time positions and all shifts available for Peer Advocate. The Mobile Crisis Assessment Team (MCAT) provides mobile mental health crisis services for children and adults. The Peer Advocate position is a part of the team along with the Crisis Counselors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Provide a variety of peer support services with primary focus on mental health recovery and facilitating participation in treatment and positive decision-making.
• Co-facilitate groups and activities which foster individual development and empowerment.
• Conduct home visits and follow up as assigned.
• Must possess direct personal experience with the mental health delivery services system and overcoming the challenges resulting from a diagnosis of mental illness..
• Flexibility is necessary to meet program and service needs.
• Valid Drivers' license and transportation preferred.
Qualifications: High School Diploma/General Equivalency Diploma and at least 1 year of experience working with individuals diagnosed with mental illness required AND must obtain New York State Office of Mental Health Peer Specialist Certification within a specified timeframe. EOE
"Full-time positions" and "Part-time positions with benefits" have an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holiday Time (including floating holidays)
- Paid Bereavement Time
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with generous employer contribution)
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employment with The Neighborhood Center, Inc. offers a dynamic and challenging career opportunity for individuals with a desire to be a part of a committed human services team. EOE
Please see our current job opportunities also listed on US.jobs and Indeed.com. US.jobs is the National Labor Exchange website.
Please note that data typed into this application form cannot be saved. Please print your completed form and send it to us by fax, postal mail or scan it and e-mail it.
Please send resumes and applications to:
Kim Booth, Human Resources Director
PHONE: (315) 272-2600
FAX: (315) 272-2628
The Neighborhood Center, Inc.
624 Elizabeth Street
Utica, New York 13501